the advocate

Comments (1)

All the advocate Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• M

Michael TracyApr 11, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Ben,

I became a fan of The Redskins after moving to the area 2004. I like Dan Snyder because he is not afraid to spend money to try and improve the team. I also love the fact that he is not caving to ridiculous political correctness going on here in the USA and changing the Redskins name! I am certain that he will eventually be forced to change the name of the team. The Redskins are a brand much in the the same way as Pepsi,Coke or Burger King. If your suggesting that if the team name changes, that it will mean profits for the Redskins, well that is also ridiculous. If that were the case, why is changing the name of a multi- million dollar companies such as Pepsi, Coke or Burger King not happening on a regular basis? I would actually like to see the “numbers” you are talking about. As a fan, I can tell you that the day the Redskins cave and change the name, I will no Longer be a fan of theirs! FYI, I am not a racist and I do have American Indian friends from the Oneida nation .The same tribe that the Ray Halbritter the man on a crusade to change the name is from. My Oneida Indian friends have told me that they do not feel that the team name is derogatory in any way and feel that it honors and shows respect to them. Comparing the Bullets/Wizards to the Redskins is like comparing apples to oranges. The Bullets never made the money, had the following or the tradition of the Redskins. I just want to point out that I do not disagree with your entire post just the Redskins portion.

MT

Reply
Activate Search
Owners of Controversial Mascots: Be a ‘Hero,’ Even if You’re Not One