Modesty Found at DC Fashion Week.

Devaughn Phillip
D.C. Fashion Week models walking the runway as part of the Washington Haute & Modesty Fashion Show (Photo Credit: Devaughn Phillips)

[laboratory_slideshow slide_page=”dc-fashion-week-2014″ slidetype=”slides” limit=”8″]

I attended the DC fashion Week and it was a new experience for me. I first went to the Fashion Industry Networking Party, where the gathering of professionals come together to meet and share ideas. Throughout the night I met a series of individuals that shared the same ideas as me. I would love to attend this event again.

According to Ideal PR Media, the Washington Haute & Modesty Fashion Show during D.C Fashion Week showcased designs from Muslim Women whose apparel represents their cultural tradition to cover up. These design are for women who would rather cover up themselves.

The Washington Haute & Modesty Fashion Show was definitely an eye opener for me, when I thought about fashion models wearing colorful tight skimpy clothes came to mind. But after covering this event I realize that fashion can come any part of the world. Modesty Fashion feature designers of Muslim background who design clothes that is yet fashionable but still have a woman feeling modest and covered.