Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge

Samsung Galaxy S6 images

Samsung has yet again wowed their critics and customers with the unveiling of their latest devices at the Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona. Samsung unveiled their brand new Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge.

Both devices are sleek and made out of an attractive fusion of Gorilla Glass 4 and aluminum metal. Right off the bat users can see that Samsung did away with the expandable memory, removable battery, and water resistance features like the Galaxy S5 before it. Although these were all key features of their previous models, Samsung decided to build from the ground up for their new smartphones.

Samsung replaced the plastic back cover with glass, possibly to make the phone more eye pleasing to their Apple competitors. This was done to support the out of the box wireless charging capability and to improve the overall strength of the phone. The S6 Edge features curved glass on both edges compared to the Note Edge which only featured it on the right side and did not appeal to both left and right handed users.

The Galaxy S6 comes with a 2560 x 1440 pixel QHD which is an astonishing 577 pixel per square inch resolution this is the same as the Note 4 but in a smaller screen. The rear camera has a 16MP sensor, with an aperture of f1.9 – this means it is going to be more proficient for low light imaging. Not to mention the first ever 5MP front facing camera for those high definition selfies.

The S6 also features a new fingerprint scanner that is touch-based variant, rather than the erratic swiping model, making it more in line with Apple’s Touch ID. Samsung also added a feature called Samsung Pay which will be accepted by 90% of retailers in the United States, it’s a simple, secure feature that uses the fingerprint scanner and will connect the owners’ credit card wirelessly to a credit card scanner.

Because there is no more removable memory storage Samsung offers a 32, 64, and 124GB version of both the S6 and the S6 Edge. The S6 will reportedly be available in white, black, gold, and blue while the Edge will be offered in white, black, gold, and dark green.
It will be interesting to see what competing products Apple can produce later on in the year. Every year Samsung and Apple have been in a race to produce the better products. The Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are expected to be hot selling items this summer and be prepared to see United States retailers to have these revolutionary smartphones April 10th.