MC’s Got Talent Show 10th Anniversary

Event presented by Rockville Student Senate and hosted by Student Life – Rockville Campus

Montgomery College President Dr. Jermaine Williams gave opening remarks for the 10th anniversary MC’s Got Talent Show

The MC’s Got Talent Show happened on Thursday, March 24, 2022, from 6 pm-9 pm at the Robert E. Parilla Performing Arts Center in the Rockville Campus. The event was hosted by the Montgomery College Rockville Office of Student Life and presented by the Rockville Student Senate.

This event celebrates its 10th anniversary since its inaugural event in 2012. The MC’s Got Talent Show was born from the need to address the lack of scholarships for performing arts students. Considering that, at every event, the three finalists are able to get a scholarship that can benefit their education at MC and beyond.

The event started with the welcome remarks by Dr. Jermaine Williams, Montgomery College President, and proceeded with IV acts performed by MC students. Besides performing in front of the audience present on this exciting night, the student artists were judged by MC faculty and staff and also by a special guest from American University.

The judges included: Dr. Justine Bernstine, Associate Dean of Students at American University, Mark Kamie, Theatre Director at Montgomery College, Dr. Ja’Belle Lozupone, Director of Student Affairs at Montgomery College.

The Student’s performances in the four acts were as follows:

ACT I
Genevive Reineke
Theatrical Singer
Dawson Martin-Jones
Rapper
Noah Myers
Singer

ACT II
Lincoln Tanyi

Interpretive Dancer
Caleb Salazer
Singer and Songwriter

ACT III
“The Undecided”
Jazz Band
Anyela Salcedo
Singer

ACT IV
Mark Bublitz

Singer
Alex Chaurand
Voice Actor
Masseray Silah
Singer

The singer, Massaray Silah, was awarded by the judges the 1st place, followed by the jazz group, “The Undecided,” with the 2nd place. The singer, Anyela Salcedo, was guaranteed the 3rd position for her song performance. The Closing Remarks of the MC’s Got Talent Show was given by Viola Clune, Executive Officer and President of the 2021-2022 Student Senate.

Take a look at the highlights of the event through the lens of Morgan McHenry, photographer for Montgomery College’s student news site the Advocate.