The Volunteer Fair in Spring ’18

The Volunteer Fair returned again this semester, featuring various nonprofits and organizations such as the Peace Corps, The Arc, and Rockville Little Theatre. The Volunteer Fair is organized by student service learning to “help students find the organization that’ll best fit them to their abilities,” Nik Sushka, the Service Learning Coordinator, said.

The fair this year had over 30 nonprofits and agencies come to the Rockville campus, such as KEEN, a nonprofit dedicated to empowering disabled youth through physical exercise and non-competitive sports. This organization welcomes volunteers without prior commitment to join their programs.

Rockville Little Theatre is also another organization scouting for volunteers. They feature upcoming shows such as Almost Maine, The Underpants and also Radium Girls, the last of which they’re hosting auditions for on Feb. 26 and 28. Rockville Little Theatre is also located ” conveniently right off the 45 bus route,” Laura W. Andruski said.

Volunteering is also a great opportunity to earn student service hours. With plenty of opportunities available at the Volunteer Fair, gaining work experience while also helping the community has become far more easily accessible for students.