STEM Master Class: Learning How to Be Financially Prepared

The science building on Rockville Campus Photo credit: Emmanuel Jean Marie

Special guest speaker Sue Rogan, Director of Financial Education with the Maryland CASH Campaign, will be talking about the steps needed to prepare financially for transferring. Some of the topics she will be talking about includes how to minimize student debt and how to be best prepared financially for a career out of college.

These tips will be applicable to any student including non-STEM majors. If you are a non-STEM major, there is a chance any non-STEM major will be working in a tech company.

This workshop is perfect for financially preparing for a STEM or tech career. Examples of specific non-STEM majors include English and writing majors who may be in a career writing technical documents. Psychology, business, and language majors also may work in a company marketing technology-involved products. But the benefits of the STEM Master Class are not restricted to just these majors, any non-STEM major will benefit from coming.

This workshop is mainly about learning about how to handle student debt best. The STEM Master Class will be discussing the effects of student debt on life and how to lead a happy and successful life after college debt-free. The Master Class provides a chance to balance an excellent college life with as little debt as possible.

Montgomery College will be having the STEM Master Class at all three campuses:

• Takoma Park on Tuesday, Sept. 29 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in CM211,
  • Rockville on Wednesday, Sept. 30 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in SC152,
  • and Germantown on Thursday, Oct. 1 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in PK2059.

In order to attend the STEM Master Class, free registration is required at http://cms.montgomerycollege.edu/stem_transfer_MC/ and any further questions can be emailed to [email protected].

Verification of attendance slips will be handed to students. Refreshments will be served. The STEM Master class also includes a raffle at each location to win a free WinBook Tablet.